Become a Certified Actuarial Analyst with CAA Global
CAA Global: an actuarial qualification for a changing world
CAA Global's Certified Actuarial Analyst qualification is a completely new concept in actuarial education which enables you to start working in the dynamic world of financial services with a streamlined, industry-approved online learning qualification.
Supported by some of the largest actuarial education bodies in the world, (the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries), CAA Global has been designed in partnership with global financial services employers.
Industry experts say the need for actuarial skills is growing as emerging markets across the world become more sophisticated. CAA Global aims to meet that need and offers a route to an internationally recognised qualification for those who want to do that.
But CAA Global offers a way into financial services as a standalone qualification for those who don’t want to follow the traditional actuarial qualification pathway.
“As emerging markets grow so does demand for actuarial skills – a critical role in managing risk and driving sustainable growth. The Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification is essential in helping meet this growing need. CAA is accessible and efficient, not only in terms of cost and time but also geographically, as exam centres are available worldwide. I often encourage employers and employees alike to consider this qualification.”
Craig Thorburn, World Bank Group; Washington D.C., United States
Is CAA right for you?
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career, CAA Global could be right for you:
- You're ready to move up - You’re in an analytical support role or other position and are looking to move up in your organisation
- You work in financial services - You already work in a professional or financial services organisation
- You're starting out - You are interested in starting your career and learning on the job without having to undertake a college or university degree.
- You want a change of direction - You’ve considered becoming an actuary but feel it might not be the right path for you
- You're looking for actuarial skills - You already have a professional qualification and are looking to add an actuarial or analytical dimension to your skillset.
- You're interested in actuarial work - You have graduated from college or university and are interested in actuarial work.
Ready to find out more? Try some Module Zero exam questions below or contact us for more information.
Learn at your own pace
You can work at your own pace and take your exams at exam centres around the world. Plus, if you choose to, you can study for the CAA qualification while working full-time.
CAA Global is designed to be affordable from the outset, with a module-by-module payment approach to help spread the cost. The average time for completion is 2-3 years.
"The CAA offers training in pension mathematics and administration thereby providing value for our company and its clients. We support employees seeking this qualification by providing study time and paying for the examinations and study materials."
Steve Eadie, FSA, FCIA, Partner, Robertson, Eadie & Associates
Once you’ve qualified, you will be fully certified and recognised as a professional analyst with an edge in the job market and the skills to add value throughout your career.
What will I come away with?
- Expertise and experience — Apart from a professional qualification supported by some of the leading actuarial associations in the world, you will gain a host of financial business, analytical and modelling skills
- Recognition and community — Through CAA Global and its international actuarial association partners, you’ll be a member of a well-respected, globally recognised profession and be able to work worldwide
“Insurance is an industry where data is in abundance. As the capital flowing into insurance becomes increasingly sophisticated, so will the data analysis required to justify the return on investment. With a blend of statistics and knowledge gained via the CAA qualification, I’ll have the skills to answer the questions that keep not only the chiefs but also the underwriters awake at night—and provide an evidence base to guide their strategic decisions.”
Tony Carter, Risk Analyst and Statistician, SLE Worldwide; Sydney, Australia
What will I learn?
As a CAA you’ll learn the essentials of business mathematics; developing a broad skillset over six separate modules covering:
- Business mathematics - Understand finance and financial mathematics, statistics and actuarial mathematics
- Modelling and calculation - Master the calculations underpinning the determination of the premiums that need to be charged for financial products, schemes, contracts and more
- Data Analysis - Be effective in manipulating and analysing data sets
- Communication - Communicate financial concepts within the work environment
To find out more download our brochure for candidates below:
How will I learn?
CAA Global is designed to support your aspirations and career goals:
- Learn at your own pace – CAA Global is a flexible qualification where you learn at your own pace
- Online resources – Get access to a range of digital resources to help you succeed
Pay as you go – Our fees are designed to be affordable, with a simple, modular structure that you can stop at any time
Now you’re ready to take your career to the next level. Take your first step on the road to qualification as a Certified Actuarial Analyst today with the first CAA learning module.
Register for your first learning module here
Watch a recording of our recent webinar 'Why Certified Actuarial Analysts add value to employers, including both insurers and consultancies'
In this webinar recording, co-hosted by CAA Global and UK consultancy, APR LLP Actuarial solutions, supported by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and Society of Actuaries, we provide real life insight into the diverse roles CAAs can perform in different sectors and explore the value they can offer if integrated as part of your strategic business model.